Funds for Relief Efforts for Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, Puerto Rico, No. California Fires, and Other Natural Disasters
American Baptists are urged to pray and offer support as they can to those who are adversely impacted by the recent series of natural disasters — from the Caribbean to the eastern, southern, and western coasts of the United States, and to Central America.
If your church has or will collect offerings dedicated to the relief efforts of any of these tragedies, you can submit those donations via the normal church ABC-mission support process. The One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS) special offering responds to disaster relief needs, with 100% going to relief efforts; no dollars are retained for administrative costs. Efforts are coordinated with people and organizations in the designated area to meet appropriate needs.
- Send the check in to our Elm Grove office, made out to ABC Wisconsin, with your designation in the memo line (for example: OGHS – Hurricane Harvey, OGHS – Hurricane Irma, OGHS – Puerto Rico, OGHS-No. Cal. Fires, etc.)
- It would be great if you accompany the check with a church mission giving form. Go to our website HERE, and see the sage green box toward the bottom of this page for a link to a blank giving form if you need one.
- To learn more about the OGHS offering/efforts, click HERE.
- Recent press releases regarding American Baptist responses:
- Stand in the Gap; ¡Haga la Diferencia!
- ABHMS Continues to Support Restoration of Puerto Rico with Funds, Supplies, Visits
- Rebuild Restore Renew
- Reflections from a visit to Puerto Rico – “In Between Hurricanes”
- Donate to Hurricane Irma Relief
- $10,000 OGHS funds released for Hurricane Harvey; needs continue.
- Q&A article about relief efforts by Victoria Goff, American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) national coordinator, Disaster-response Ministries