JOIN IN FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN SPACE
“Developing Community Partnerships: When all you have is a peanut butter sandwich…”
MONDAY, JUNE 18, 2018 @ 7:00 PM
The ABC/WI Commission on Congregational Missions invites you to participate in our first mission web conference. This will be the first of a series of web conferences, which will offer churches that are engaged in similar mission an opportunity to network with each other to share ideas and learn together.
The theme of the first web conference is “Developing Community Partnerships,” and will focus on ways to invite people outside of the church to participate in mission, and how to get involved with mission that is already happening in your community.
It can feel especially challenging for churches to have enough volunteers or energy to engage in mission in the community. This web conference is about what to do if you feel like the disciples trying to figure out how to feed thousands of hungry people with nothing but a kid’s bag lunch.
Facilitator: Rev. Brian Hastings (Fond du Lac, Memorial)
For planning purposes, it will be very helpful if you RSVP to Gabrielle Hastings (Commission Co-Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 15.
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 590 640 732
- Verify your internet speed is fast enough to adequately support video chat. Zoom recommends 1.2mbps for speaker view and 1.5mbps for gallery view (recommended) – check your internet speeds on fast.com.
- Verify your webcam/microphone configuration is adequate. Most devices have a webcam and microphone built in, including most laptops and almost all tablets and phones. Zoom is supported on most mobile devices, as well as Windows/Mac OS. For the best quality, we recommend a headset as they generally have better microphones as well as allowing you to better hear everyone.
- Join the call by clicking on the link provided (see above). If you are on a laptop or desktop computer, the zoom client will automatically begin to walk you through the install process, or it will launch if already installed. Follow the instructions to get it configured. Once installed, you will be placed in the meeting.
- During the call, we recommend using gallery mode. This will allow you to see everyone at once, rather than just the person currently speaking. You can enable this by clicking the button next to the full screen button in the upper right hand corner of the window (on PCs).
- For tips on using Mobile Devices, you may want to visit this webpage: Click HERE.