An Invitation to Pray for your Family
Next call in prayer time on Zoom:
Sunday, December 20, 8:30-8:50 PM CT
Topic: ABC/WI 20-20 Prayer Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 959 5522 9600 // Passcode: 020016
For our regional family – American Baptist Churches of Wisconsin – a simple invitation:
On the 20th of each month in the year 2020,
set aside 20 minutes to pray for ABC Wisconsin.
“20-20 Pray ABC Wisconsin”
That’s only 20 minutes on a designated day for the whole month. Of course, we welcome and are in need of daily prayers, but the hope is that we can be assured that at least on one day a month our American Baptist brothers and sisters across the state are united in prayer for common or connected things and listening together to God for guidance.
You can check back to this web page for a list of items to pray about, which may be updated from time to time throughout the year. Many of these items will be consistent throughout the year though I trust in the Holy Spirit’s movement in each of our lives to direct on how or what specifically to pray about during any given month.
Here are some things to keep in your prayers (no priority assumed): This list will be updated by the 19th of each month.
- For meaningful and safe Christmas and New Year celebrations and observances for all our faith communities.
- For comfort for those in our ABC/WI family who have experienced loss of loved ones in recent weeks. For all those who are experiencing the holidays for the first time without loved ones who have passed in 2020. For God’s comfort and peace.
- For healing and long-term health for those within our ABC/WI family who have been impacted by COVID-19 in recent weeks.
- For all our extended ministries as they provide blessings, love, and hope to people and communities in need during this holiday season.
- For safe travels, continuing health, and smooth transition for the Onwubuariri Family to their new home, schools, and jobs in King of Prussia, PA.
- For ABC/WI staff members as they transition to the next chapter. Special prayers for John Jones who assumes the role of Interim Regional Executive Minister on January 1st, and newest staff member Maretta McMullen as she gets oriented to her role.
- For wisdom, discernment, and decisions of the ABC/WI Board of Managers and Officers in their leadership during the upcoming transition period and in the preparations for a search committee.
- For wisdom, empathy, and compassion as Pastors and other church leaders make decisions related to COVID-19 pandemic mitigation.
- For God’s continual guidance to all the attendees of the Annual Gathering to take the learning, invitations, fellowship into the months ahead.
- For God-chosen persons to be identified and be willing to serve in current vacancies in regional entities. (See Nominations page).
- For profound courage as each discerns how to activate their faith as it relates to the urgent call to dismantle racism at personal, interpersonal, institutional, and cultural levels.
- For our local churches and pastors who are in the midst of pastoral retirement, pastoral search, candidacy processes, completed tenures, and new pastoral callings.
- For thanksgiving to all retired ministers and missionaries and their families for their faithful service as we collect this quarter’s ABC special RMMO offering.
- For guidance for denominational leaders who are building up resources that might be used to respond to current, emerging, and potential future needs of our clergy, congregations, and ministries impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For missional and leadership guidance for Wisconsin’s American Baptist Women’s Ministries, American Baptist Men’s Ministries, and Ministers Council.
- For WI ministry partners, for guidance and creativity during suspended in-person services and especially for our ministries providing housing or other ministries to seniors and at-risk communities, such as Tudor Oaks Senior Living Community, Housing Ministries of WI, or Milwaukee Christian Center; for those connected to our churches, and for our Campus Ministries as their annual rhythms have been truncated.
- For all of our extended ABC family — sister regions, national program boards, global missionaries and partners, supporting ministries, etc..