Financial Workshop for Church Treasurers and Finance Committees
Saturday, October 29 – 9:30 am
[at the Region office or online]
- Do you know what reporting the IRS expects from your church?
- Are you confident the church financials would stand up to an IRS audit?
- Are you confident the church is handling financial items the right way?
If you answered “No” to any of these questions, you will want to take advantage of this Financial Workshop, to be held on October 29. Church Treasurers and Financial Committees are welcome to come together as tax professional and experienced church treasurer Becky Holl offers clear guidance on all the best practices and details to be sure that you are being wise and faithful with the finances of the church.
Please register by clicking HERE.
INTERNAL Financial Communication:
- Recording income and expenses
- Reporting/general accounting
- To congregation
- To government
- Developing a budget
- Separation of duties
EXTERNAL Financial Communication:
- Payroll for staff & pastor
- Reporting to state/federal agencies
- Income Tax Withholding
- Social Security & Medicare Taxes
- Housing and benefits
- Social Security Offset?
- Properly preparing W-2
- All proper forms (941, W-3, W-2, 1099-NEC, W-4, I-9, WT-6, WT-7)