Seeking Our Next Regional Executive Minister
Leadership transitions are an inevitable part of the life of any region, and they are always best undertaken with the proper time and planning to allow for continuity and care in the passing of the torch. The Board of Managers has appointed a Regional Executive Minister Search Committee and confirmed a desired timeline to select and approve our next REM.
Search Committee Members
- Rev. Brandle C. Morrow, Sr., Milwaukee Metropolitan Missionary, Chair
- Chosen Glory Chintapalli, Waukesha First
- Jose Faz, Racine Renacer
- Rev. Karen Gygax Rodriguez, Green Lake Federated
- Rev. Jason Mack, Wauwatosa Underwood
- Rev. Terry J. West, Milwaukee New Hope
- Rev. Dr. Demetrius K. Williams, Greater Milwaukee Community
Our primary concern regarding a timeline for our search for a new Regional Executive Minister (REM) is to obey the Holy Spirit. What follows is a projected timeline based on national leadership’s experience with executive searches in American Baptist regions.
In January 2021 the Board of Managers acted on the Personnel Committee’s recommendations regarding composition of the Regional Executive Minister Search Committee, search committee budget, and search process timeline.
- Search Committee orientation led by Dr. C. Jeff Woods, Interim General Secretary, American Baptist Churches U.S.A.
- Gathering input for qualities desired in next Executive Minister.
- Preparing a position announcement and a region profile or fact sheet.
- Opening the process for names.
- Reducing the list of names and deciding whom to interview.
- Completing reference checks and interviews.
- Discernment process and selection of a candidate.
- Presenting one candidate to the Board of Managers for a decision.
- Announcement of new REM, installation service, dissolution of Search Committee and/or formation of a transition committee.
And an exciting new chapter of regional ministry begins!