Leadership Training Academy
There is a need in our churches for theological and pastoral training for lay leaders, associate ministers, and lay pastors who do not have the opportunity to pursue traditional seminary training. The investment of time and finances that a traditional seminary degree requires stands as a barrier to the training that would benefit these leaders and their churches. A flexible Leadership Training program would help provide some of the theological and pastoral training that could benefit our churches in the future through quality lay pastors and lay leaders.
A New Effort
ABC of Wisconsin is pleased to announce the launch of the Leadership Training Academy. The Leadership Training Academy offers opportunities to our congregations:
- training for Lay Pastors;
- skill development for lay leaders in congregations;
- personal enrichment and in-depth study;
- growth in discipleship;
Certificates and Courses:
LEVEL 1 – Enrichment Certificate
- Biblical Interpretation
- Hebrew Scriptures
- New Testament
- Worship Design and Leadership
- Spiritual Formation*
LEVEL 2 –Leadership Certificate
- Church History*
- Media for Ministry*
- Baptist History and Polity
LEVEL 3 –Pastoral Certificate
- Church Administration*
- Ministry Ethics
- Church Rituals (Baptism, Communion, Weddings, Funerals)
Some of the courses* could also be used for Continuing Education Units (CEU*).
- 3 class sessions per course / 4 hours per class session (Saturdays 8:30 am – 12:30 pm) / Total of approximately 12 hours of class time
- Class sessions scheduled with at least 1 weekend between, allowing a course to be completed in 5-6 weeks
- Pre-work would be required (reading/assignment prior to first session)
- Coursework could be completed on Google classroom
- Hybrid courses – allowing sessions to be recorded on Zoom
- To receive the credit, students would be required to be “present” for 2 of the 3 sessions AND to view the missed session
Click HERE to apply.
“Worship Design and Leadership” ~ Mary Schecher
Saturdays – 8:30-12:30 ~ January 13 & 27 & February 10
This course will examine the purpose of worship and explore the variety of means for accomplishing it. It will also provide practical tips for designing and leading a worshipful experiences.
The course will follow the general template of WHAT – WHY – HOW.
WHAT? What is worship? What are we doing when we worship? Take a step back and ask the basic question of what is happening when we worship. The course will begin with a clear examination of worship.
WHY? Why do we worship? Why do we do certain things and not others? We’ll get further into worship, examining the reasoning behind the various elements of worship.
HOW? How do we carry out the basic action of worship? How do we structure our worship services and our worship plan for the year? Receive practical tips for helping plan and lead worship.
Your instructor will be Dr. Mary Schecher, BM, MM, MLIS, DWS. Mary is the Director of Music Ministry at First Baptist Church-West Allis. She earned a Doctorate in Worship Studies. Her background includes time serving in churches of various denominations, providing a broad exposure to different worship traditions and styles. She has presented workshops and trainings for professional organizations and has served as a worship leader for American Baptist gatherings at the state and national level. She is presently teaching at Central Baptist Seminary in the areas of creativity and worship leadership.
~ March-Early April
Click HERE to apply.
[Applications due at least 1 week in advance of first class session.]
Email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org