“NO ONE PUTS NEW WINE INTO OLD WINESKINS; OTHERWISE, THE WINE WILL BURST THE SKINS, AND THE WINE IS LOST, AND SO ARE THE SKINS; BUT ONE PUTS NEW WINE INTO FRESH WINESKINS.”
The pursuit of our Christ-centered mission calls for new paradigms, new sets of expectations, and new “containers.”
No one knows what new thing or new change will result in exactly the kingdom-results we hope for in all contexts, but through this program we hope to create a culture that is intentional, nimble, and dynamic. Ready for the unknown future, we seek to foster ideas that heed the Holy Spirit’s movement in places where Christian community is ready to be birthed.
Click here for the official flier on the program.
NEW WINESKINS GRANT PROGRAM
The New Wineskins Grant Program seeks to nurture the birthing of new ministry initiatives within ABC/WI by planting seeds thru training, coaching, and financial support.
New means new.
This initiative is about supporting new ministries (new faith communities or missional efforts) and is not intended for retrying old ideas that worked in the past or strengthening things that already exist. We encourage informed experimental ideas.
We encourage ideas that seek to reach and minister among populations currently not connected with, or who are underserved within, ABC/WI.
“With and among” not “to and for.”
In our commitment to valuing each individual human life and the gathered community, we understand ministry as something that happens with and among people rather than to and for them. Ideas that are strong on relationships rather than focused on transactions will align with this program’s vision.
We are looking for applications that include: alignment with ABC/WI mission, collaboration with others, and innovative approaches.
2019 Grant Recipients
Our 2019 Grant Recipients include:
- Miracle, Inc. (birthed by Milwaukee, Progressive Baptist Church): BLESSS--(Building Love Equipping shepherds around shame, stigma, suicide, and self-care).
- Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Madison: Mt. Zion Campus Ministry
- Underwood Memorial Baptist Church, Wauwatosa: Bricks
Click HERE to read the full announcement.
Current Grant Cycle: July-Nov. 2023
- Applications for up to $2500 will be accepted through November 30, 2023 to be dispersed for the calendar year 2024. Applications received before July 1st, 2023 or after November 30, 2023 will not be accepted.
- Applications must follow the guidelines above.
- Recipients must send a representative to a luncheon held on May 22, 2024 (location TBD) to give an update on the project and grant use.
- Recipients must also attend the 2024 Annual Gathering October 11-12 (location TBD) to share a final report.
Applications will be accepted through the online Application Form Only